Being charged with a crime is stressful and confusing. Those normally in a position of trust — the police and prosecutors — are suddenly “on the other side.” Worse, Virginia’s procedures seem tilted against the defendant. Sure, there are platitudes such as “presumption of innocence” and “proof beyond a reasonable doubt.” However, in Virginia, there is also jury recommended sentencing without context and limited discovery. Whatever the cause, it is a fact that some people are wrongfully convicted of crimes. Defense lawyers work hard to avoid this.
We Have the Experience to Aggressively Represent You
If you are charged with a crime in Virginia, you need someone on your side, to make sure that your rights are protected, to make sure that you are treated fairly, and, if possible to win your case or get the charges reduced. To accomplish this, your attorney should be an experienced attorney who knows both sides of the law (prosecution and defense), who is rated by independent third parties as a top attorney, who is sought out by the media to explain the law to the public, and who other attorneys seek out for advice. At Dave Albo – Attorney:
**** Two of our lawyers are former prosecutors, one is a former police officer.
**** Many of the Firm’s attorneys regularly teach Continuing Legal Education programs for other lawyers — including the yearly “Annual Updates on the Law” at the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association and Fairfax Bar Association, and one of Virginia’s most popular programs, “Defense of Serious Traffic Cases in Virginia.”
**** We have been listed by Washingtonian magazine four times as being among the Washington area’s “Best Lawyers” and the “Top 40 Lawyers Under 40.” (2006). Northern Virginia magazine five separate times named us “Top Criminal Lawyers” We have also been listed as being among Virginia’s “Legal Elite” by Virginia Business magazine (2013-2006, 2003, and 2002).
**** Our attorneys have been legal commentators (or been featured) in the national broadcast media, such as “NBC’s “Dateline” and the “Today Show”, FOX News and CNN; in the national print media, such as the Washington Post; and in the local media, such as WMAL AM-630, the Virginia Lawyers Weekly, and the Washington Business Journal.
**** Dave Albo – Attorney lawyers appear in various courts almost daily and have done so for almost two decades..
We have defended cases in the following Virginia courts:
- The Federal District Court for the Eastern Districts of Virginia.
- The Virginia Supreme Court
- The Virginia Court of Appeals.
- Trial courts in Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Alexandria, and Stafford counties.
- Trial courts in Spotsylvania, Fauquier, Culpeper, Winchester/Frederick, and Clarke counties.
- Trial courts in Richmond, Hanover, Chesterfield, Colonial Heights, Caroline, and Essex counties.
- Trial courts in Newport News, Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake and Portsmouth counties/cities.
- Trial courts in York, Williamsburg, King George, Mecklenburg, and Dinwiddie counties.
- Trial courts in Front Royal/Warren, Lexington/Rockbridge, Blacksburg, and Buena Vista counties.
- Trial courts in Roanoke, Salem, Bedford, Lynchburg, and Pulaski.
- Trial courts in Shenandoah, Rockingham/Harrisonburg, and Staunton/Augusta.
- Trial courts in Charlottesville/Albermarle, Lynchburg, and Montgomery counties.