When you’ve been accused of a crime, especially for the first time, it can be difficult to know whether or not you need a criminal attorney Fairfax VA clients can turn to. But it’s important to realize that nearly all defendants charged with a crime are well-served when they choose to hire legal representation. Because the outcomes can be so serious and may even include prison time, the risk of representing oneself is dangerously high. If you’ve been accused of any crime in the Northern Virginia area, and are seeking a criminal attorney Fairfax VA trusts, consider contacting Albo & Oblon, LLP to speak with a professional who is highly experienced in this area of the law.
Why Hire an Attorney?
What Criminal Defense Lawyers Do
- Work with prosecutors by negotiating for reduced charges or sentences.
- Help you deal with the legal aspects of your case while you deal with the complex emotions that may arise after you’ve been accused of a crime–such as fear, anxiety, depression, and low self-esteem.
- Give you an objective view on your situation, and walk you through the most likely scenarios if and when your case goes to trial. Your attorney’s perspective is crucial should it arise that you have to decide whether or not to accept a plea bargain.
- Make you familiar with the legal rules related to the crime with which you’ve been charged. This is a major reason why an individual should not represent him- or herself in a criminal case: most of these rules are nearly impossible to leverage without the help of an attorney.
- Spend time performing research, speaking with witnesses, and gathering documentation on your behalf.