Fairfax Careless Driving Lawyer
If you were hurt in an accident caused by a careless driver, you should get in touch with a careless driving lawyer in Fairfax VA. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries. An experienced lawyer like Dave Albo can help you file a legal claim and protect your legal rights.
Common Types of Careless Driving
Careless driving refers to any type of driving that may put others on the road in danger. Here are the common types of careless driving that can lead to accidents.
- Failing to use turn signals. Drivers are supposed to use their turn signals when they’re about to might a right or left-hand turnor lange change. Whether it’s due to forgetfulness or laziness, failing to use proper turn signals is careless and can increase the risk of accidents.
- Using a cell phone. In this day and age, it’s difficult for many people to put down their cell phone. Unfortunately, this can be dangerous when people are driving. Talking on a cell phone, responding to text messages and browsing the Internet forces drivers to take their eyes and attention off the road, resulting in accidents.
- Failing to stop at redlights and stop signs. One of the first things people learn in driving school is to come to a complete stop at redlights and stop signs. However, some drivers still fail to follow this important traffic law. They may be in a hurry and think that they can get away with running past a red light or stop sign.
- Speeding. As a careless driving lawyer in Fairfax VA can confirm, speeding is another common type of negligent driving. People may speed for a variety of reasons, from being in a hurry to not seeing a speed limit sign. Driving above the speed limit gives a driver less time to react to hazards on the road.
- Daydreaming. Driving can get tedious after a while, so some drivers may eventually start daydreaming. While this may seem harmless, this act can put others on the road in danger. When a driver is daydreaming, he or she can’t completely concentrate on the road ahead and may cause an accident. Drivers should make a concerted effort to not daydream when behind the wheel.
If you were injured in a car accident that was the fault of a careless driver, you should schedule a consultation with a careless driving lawyer in Fairfax VA today.
Careless Driving Lawyer Fairfax FAQs
If you think that reckless driving is just like any other traffic ticket, a careless driving lawyer in Fairfax will tell you to think again. A reckless driving charge is not something you can easily pay without visiting court and it is not something that can drop off your driving record like a speeding ticket. Instead, if a police officer has charged you with reckless driving, you may be facing serious criminal charges. Reckless driving can be a very broad term that encompasses many types of driving. Dave Albo – Attorney, a careless driving lawyer representing Fairfax wants to ensure you are represented at court, and that you have the legal assistance you need. If you attempt to represent yourself in a Virginia courtroom, you may find out too late that you should have hired Dave Albo – Attorney. For more information on how our Fairfax careless driving lawyer can represent you regarding your reckless driving charge, call us now.
What does “reckless driving” mean?
Reckless driving can mean many things and it will differ depending on the state you were charged in. Typically, when an officer charges you with reckless driving you are considered a danger to yourself or others on the road and were not operating your vehicle in a safe and careful manner. An officer might charge you if you pass a school bus illegally or if you drive over 80 MPH. It’s important that you speak with your reckless driving lawyer in Fairfax VA to discuss your specific charges.
What is a “wet reckless?”
Many times, someone charged with a DUI can get their charges reduced to a wet reckless with the guidance of a Fairfax careless driving lawyer. This can be a good option if you were charged with a DUI because a wet reckless will likely have less severe penalties than a DUI would. A wet reckless involves driving with alcohol in some way. While a DUI and a wet reckless can both be misdemeanors, you will likely face larger fines, longer jail time, and more severe punishments if you are convicted of a DUI instead of a wet reckless.
Can I represent myself?
Yes, if you are charged with reckless driving, you have the right to represent yourself in court. However, our Fairfax based careless driving lawyers recommend avoiding this at all costs because you will not know the legal protocols surrounding your court appearance. Further, you will have a better chance of having your charges reduced or dropped entirely if you have a trusted criminal defense attorney on your side to defend you in court. When it comes to the potential for having a criminal record, you should never leave it up to chance. A careless driving lawyer in Fairfax from Dave Albo – Attorney will know the court system, work with you to build your defense, and represent you when you need it in court.
Who should I call?
If you are looking for a lawyer to help you with your reckless driving ticket, please call Dave Albo – Attorney for more information. Our careless driving lawyer from Fairfax will work hard to help clients get the outcome they deserve.
Common Traffic Ticket Defenses
You can fight, contest, and win a traffic ticket, and it may benefit you to try. In Virginia, police regularly issue traffic tickets. Local prosecutors are also known to harshly prosecute many of the violations, despite the fact that a majority of people don’t realize they are committing an offense in the moment. A number of violations are classified as civil infractions or criminal misdemeanors; however, it is also possible to be charged with a felony, depending on the severity of the traffic offense in question and your criminal and/or driving-related history. In general, you may face fines, drivers license points, an increase in insurance premiums, and more, if convicted of a driving offense. If a serious offense has been committed, or you caused injury or damages, jail time is possible. If you’ve been charged with a serious offense, our Fairfax, VA reckless driving lawyer can help you out. But even if you’ve “only” been charged with a careless driving offense, it’s generally a good idea to explore your options with a Fairfax careless driving lawyer. Failure to fight your ticket now could lead to significant consequences down the road.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, the following infractions could be classified as either careless or reckless (and could potentially be upgraded or downgraded before your case is finalized) –
- Unpaid tickets
- Driving on a suspended, revoked, or fake license
- Driving too slowly
- Failing to stop at a stop sign
- Failure to yield
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Driving on the shoulder of the road
- Driving while talking on the phone
- Driving while distracted
- Driving under the influence
- Eluding and fleeing
- Traffic control device violation
- Leaving the scene of an accident
The Potential Outcomes of a Traffic Violation Conviction
If you’re given a traffic violation, you may face a broad range of penalties. Apart from common penalties like fines, and points on a driver’s license, you can face serious criminal prosecution, sentencing, jail time, or even incarceration. Collateral consequences could include a drivers license suspension (or revocation), job loss, and a criminal record. It might also be difficult to obtain housing and federal benefits. Thankfully, you’re not alone. An experienced Fairfax careless driving lawyer can help you navigate your legal options, no matter what level of offense you’ve been charged with. Call Dave Albo – Attorney today – we look forward to speaking with you.