Fairfax, VA Careless Driving Lawyer
If you were hurt in an accident caused by a careless driver, you should get in touch with a careless driving lawyer in Fairfax VA. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries. An experienced lawyer like Dave Albo can help you file a legal claim and protect your legal rights.
Common Types of Careless Driving
Careless driving refers to any type of driving that may put others on the road in danger. Here are the common types of careless driving that can lead to accidents.
- Failing to use turn signals. Drivers are supposed to use their turn signals when they’re about to might a right or left-hand turnor lange change. Whether it’s due to forgetfulness or laziness, failing to use proper turn signals is careless and can increase the risk of accidents.
- Using a cell phone. In this day and age, it’s difficult for many people to put down their cell phone. Unfortunately, this can be dangerous when people are driving. Talking on a cell phone, responding to text messages and browsing the Internet forces drivers to take their eyes and attention off the road, resulting in accidents.
- Failing to stop at redlights and stop signs. One of the first things people learn in driving school is to come to a complete stop at redlights and stop signs. However, some drivers still fail to follow this important traffic law. They may be in a hurry and think that they can get away with running past a red light or stop sign.
- Speeding. As a careless driving lawyer in Fairfax VA can confirm, speeding is another common type of negligent driving. People may speed for a variety of reasons, from being in a hurry to not seeing a speed limit sign. Driving above the speed limit gives a driver less time to react to hazards on the road.
- Daydreaming. Driving can get tedious after a while, so some drivers may eventually start daydreaming. While this may seem harmless, this act can put others on the road in danger. When a driver is daydreaming, he or she can’t completely concentrate on the road ahead and may cause an accident. Drivers should make a concerted effort to not daydream when behind the wheel.
If you were injured in a car accident that was the fault of a careless driver, you should schedule a consultation with a careless driving lawyer in Fairfax VA today.