FAQs About DUI Charges
Being charged with a DWI can be a severe crime and are taken very seriously in court. Driving while being impaired can have permanent consequences on anyone and affect all aspects your life, including your personal life, career, and future. If you have been convicted of this crime you may begin to worry about what will happen in court, what fines you will have to pay, and if you will be serving jail time. A Fairfax, VA DWI lawyer from Dave Albo – Attorney can be there every step of the way to help guide you and prepare as strong of a defense as possible. We are dedicated to understanding the procedures of the court and the law in order to maintain justice for everyone.
Getting Behind the Wheel
There are different degrees of penalty if you are driving after having too much to drink:
- DWI First Offense: If this is the first time you have been convicted of a DWI you may be looking at license suspension, high fines, and substance abuse education courses.
- DWI Second Offense: This can vary from state to state, however, the consequences are more severe than a first DWI offense. It is not uncommon for there to be higher fines, a higher probability of jail time, license revocation, and the requirement of an ignition interlock device.
- DWI Third Offense: Similar to a second offense, the consequences can vary from state to state. However, the fines are significantly higher and the probability of experiencing jail time is much greater and may be mandatory.
In any situation, DWI law can be complicated and serious and each case creates its own variables. That is why you should consider speaking with a Virginia DWI lawyer from Dave Albo – Attorney and allow them to assess how the law applies in your situation.
Why You Should Contact a DWI Lawyer in Fairfax, VA
If you have been charged with a DWI you should consider speaking with a skilled DWI lawyer from Dave Albo – Attorney that will be able to guide you and help you every step of the way. There are several reasons why you should consider hiring a DWI lawyer, such as:
- Safeguarding your legal rights. The DWI lawyer in Fairfax, VA will be present at all interviews to protect your legal rights, guide you with the proper responses. They will also examine the arrest report in order to make sure the police offer followed the proper protocol.
- Arrange a plea bargain. If the situation is appropriate your case may not even go to trial. Your DWI lawyer may be able to negotiate a plea bargain on your behalf and advise you on whether the plea deal is worth accepting or if you should still take your chances in court.
- Represent you in court. If the plea bargain is not accepted then your case may go to court. In that situation, you may want to have a skillful lawyer on your side. The trained attorneys at Dave Albo – Attorney have in-depth knowledge of courtroom strategies that may result in the best possible outcome for your specific DWI case.
Get the Right Help
Being arrested because of a DWI can lead to uncertainty and be a very scary time for any individual. To help provide some peace of mind, you may want to consider hiring a DWI lawyer Fairfax VA clients recommend from Dave Albo – Attorney to be along your side the entire time. Call us today for a free consultation.